The EiYou! European conference
The Transnational Conference of the Erasmus+ European project EiYoU! Educational innovation facing Youth Unemployment was held in the Auditorium of Sant’Antonio in Città di Castello on 25 May 2016, from 9:00 am to 12:30 am.
The Conference had two parts, an introduction by the:
- Mayor of Città di Castello
- President of the Foundation Hallgarten Franchetti Centro Studi Villa Montesca, Angelo Capecci
- Project coordinator, Fabrizio Boldrini
Attending the conference were the project partners, who are representatives of the European Schools involved, they brought their experiences with students. They were:
- Pedro Mota Curto – Agrupamento Escolas Figueira Mar, Portugal
- Clara Rodrigues – Future Balloons, Portugal
- Ugur Demir – Nigde National Education Directorate, Turkey
- Melinda Vàrfi – presente!, Austria
- Bruno Jerkusic – Croatian Youth Association, Croatia
- Joel Josephson – Kindersite, UK.
In addition, the directors of the schools of Città di Castello also presenting during the Conference and short interviews with students who participated in the trip to Figueira da Foz in Portugal, were given. The morning was interspersed with videos and music by the students.
The conference continued in the afternoon, from 16:00 to 18:00, at the Villa Montesca, when a Workshop was held:
‘Project EiYoU!: experiences and innovative teaching methods to increase the motivation to learn and help students to feel involved in their own future’.
The Workshop was open to teachers who participated in the visits to Austria, Croatia and Portugal, school directors, teachers and stakeholders interested in exchanging ideas on education and new teaching approaches.
Download the descriptions: